Presented by The Alternative Theatre Group (ATG) and Marsm UK, Dawlat is an evening of mesmerising Arabic storytelling based on the autobiographical story of the Egyptian playwright and theatre director Mahmoud Aboudoma, followed by a Q&A.
*This event will be in Arabic*
DAWLAT is an autobiographical story of the writer, reminiscing his life in the South of Egypt during his childhood. Featuring live music , the storytelling of the girl named Dawlat transmits his nostalgic emotions where truth is mixed with illusions, and reality with myth, reflecting on a bygone era in Egypt that is embedded in the heart of the writer.
– This is a seated event, first come first serve
– There will be a Q&A session after the performance
– The performances and Q&A will be exclusively in Arabic
– There are no age restrictions in terms of the content, however given the performance style it is more suited for adults
– Doors open at 19:00, show starts at 19:30